Our training course
Presentation of our training courses
The professional training centre works hardly to pass down fashion and hats making’s savoir-faire by offering training courses to carry milliners and hat makers’ handicraft on. In its constant willpower to promote theses savoir-faire and make them accessible to as many people as possible, the Professional Training Centre proposes short sessions which approach those different basic technics in the form of intense units.
In 2021, 51 trainees came to the centre and was satisfied at 94%
Strong points of the given teaching
- A new room entirely fitted : cutting and pattern makers tables, lab bench…
- Units spread on the whole year,
- Trainees’ number deliberately limited to seven by session,
- An individualised follow-up for trainees made by trainers,
- The skill and the specialisation of trainers (participants)
Our teaching leans on a method exclusively based on practising and individualised teaching, but always on the respect of rigorous savoir-faire.
Around a pre-established specification presented at the beginning of the session, projects are adapted to your aptitudes, your level of experience and goals you want to reach.
Within the scope of quality follow-up of professional training actions, the Professional Training Centre is certified QUALIOPI and meets quality criterions of the national reference document issued by the Department for Work, Employment and Integration.
The training centre is accessible to people with disabilities according to some conditions.
People with disabilities
Success condition for training courses given at the Atelier-Musée du Chapeau
Hat making needs mastery of multiple savoir-faire bringing creative ability and precision of handicraft together. Thought, dexterity, sight, concentration are essential qualities for the exercise of the craft. They will be used from the learning of the different technics because the method exclusively leans on practice and repetition of the right handicraft.
Consequently, contents offered in training courses’ units are accessible to people with reduced mobility, except the following training courses :
- “Felt moulding”, “Straw in cones” and “Felt hat and Straw hat for shows” (need to be standing to form felt and straw cones)
- “Pattern-making cut-sewn”, “Pattern-marking cut-sewn improvement”, “Straw sewn by machine” and “Straw sewn by machine improvement” (need to work with a sewing machine with pedals)
Training courses are also accessible to partially deaf people. It’s hardly recommended to contact us to make an individualised study.
Nevertheless, theses contents are not recommended to visual impairment people or people with cognitive disability : this craft needs precision, concentration and perseverance. As far as we know, training courses to learn hat-makers and milliners job adapted to theses deficiencies don’t exist in France.